Most of us are asked to self-quarantine in a bid to prevent COVID-19 infections and further spread. Others that are not in quarantine are preparing for the possibility of having to isolate themselves in the future. This is the main reason why cleaning supplies are running out in stores, as people are asked to observe a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
When tidying up our kitchen, you may find we do have a bunch of stuff that is still not in the right place. Then we need tips to give our kitchen more capacity in storage and make it more functional.
As the home of appliances, cookware, and every specialty gadget under the sun, the kitchen is and always will be a perplexing place to organize. The never-ending accessories and endless food cans, boxes, and bags easily fill up every nook and cranny, especially in a not-so-big kitchen.
House owners have been finding and creating innovative organization techniques to help solve their kitchen dilemmas, from storing pots and pans to organizing a messy walk-in pantry. The favorite solutions below, pulled from our list of most popular photos, have been added to tens (and in some cases hundreds) of thousands of users’ idea books. See if one of them will inspire an idea for your own kitchen.
1. Custom pantry. More than any other storage solution, this kind is a perfectly organized walk-in pantry. Millions have saved this photo to their idea books, thanks to its pullout baskets, pocket doors, and abundant shelf space.
Perfectly Organized Walk-in pantry
People love pantries because they house everything all in one place,” says storage designer Marie Newton, who designed this pantry. “You can see it all, so you don’t end up buying something you already have.
2. Corner drawer. Ingenious Corner drawers are a creative solution for awkward corners. The drawers run diagonally into the corner, which makes them deeper than most and therefore lets them pack a bigger storage punch.
Ingenious Corner drawers are a creative solution
3. Utensil drawer. This clever utensil built-in keeps serving ware and silverware conveniently in check. If you want the look but can’t afford custom, take the DIY route by placing stainless steel pots in a deep, empty drawer.
This clever utensil built-in keeps serveware and silverware conveniently in check
4. Under sink drawer. The deep cabinet under the sink can seem like a bottomless pit, so it isn’t surprising that most people love this easy solution. The drawer keeps cleaning supplies visible. DIY by purchasing and installing your own sliding organizer.
The drawer keeps cleaning supplies visible.
5. Pullout trash can. We love the simplicity of this pullout trash can. It hides unattractive bins and frees up floor space, while the side nook can house trash bags and ties (or an air freshener).
It hides unattractive bins and frees up floor space
6. Cookie sheet drawer. Most house owners agree that this divided drawer is the solution for a range of muffin tins, broiler pans, cooling racks, and cookie sheets. If you don’t have a drawer to spare, try a narrow pullout near the stove or add wood or metal dividers to the cabinet above your refrigerator.
This divided drawer is the solution for a range of muffin tins
7. Appliance garage. Just about all of us could use a clutter-free countertop, which is why appliance garages are popular. We like this design, which keeps a blender, toaster and mixer nearby but out of sight.
The design, which keeps a blender, toaster and mixer nearby but out of sight.
8. Deep cabinet organizer. This pullout pantry organizer, paired with cabinet door racks, is a favorite for us kitchen users. “Many of our clients don’t have room for a walk-in pantry,” says Rhoda Fry, of Bill Fry Construction. “Having storage on the doors and inside keeps everything organized and within easy reach.”
Pullout Pantry Organizer
9. Rolling cabinet or cart. Acting as both counter and storage, this accessible rolling cart is worth adding. It can work as a kitchen island, especially in a small space, or a bar cart when rolled into any room.
It can work as a kitchen island, especially in a small space
10. Spice storage. This handy spice pullout and cabinet rack design has been loved by housewives, mostly because it’s so practical.
Handy Spice Pullout
Nathan Cross, president of NWC Construction and contractor of this kitchen, believes that builders should adapt to each individual homeowner instead of creating a one-size-fits-all space. In this instance the client loves to cook, so he ensured that an expansive spice collection was on hand at all times.
11. Kitchen mail station. We long for this kitchen command station, complete with bookshelves, mail slots and a desk. It’s a great way to avoid that midweek paper pileup, and it conveniently lets someone supervise homework time while cooking dinner.
kitchen command station
12. Dish drawer. Most house owners love this sturdy, deep drawer, which keeps plates within reach for even the shortest members of the household. This one can hold 75 to 100 pounds, and adjustable pegs let you easily fit in all your breakables.
Sturdy, Deep drawer
13. Open shelves. This look is one of the most popular trends on Houzz, and we love this kitchen in particular. These shelves can display decorative accessories or store daily dishes.
Most Popular Trends
14. Pullout shelves. This pullout shelf provides easy access to pots and pans. This system works great for reaching those back corners in deep cabinets: The front tray pulls out vertically and allows the back tray to slide over to the right.
This pullout shelf provides easy access to pots and pans
The best A to Z kitchen renovation turnkey services in the Greater Montreal Area.
KSI Cuisine Solutions
Make your kitchen renovation more affordable, more convenient and worry-free
SHARE KSI CUISINE SOLUTIONS WITH FRIENDS
KSI CUISINE SOLUTIONS aims at providing you with a better quality of life at an affordable cost. Our stylish and durable Classic Kitchen Cabinets, European Frameless Kitchen Cabinets, and Countertop are Made in Quebec. Three showrooms in Montreal [ KSI SAINT-LAURENT | KSI BROSSARD | KSI LAVAL ]. KSI offers Kitchen Renovation Turnkey Services in Montreal. Free custom Mindful Design and estimation. KSI has an expert installation team. Kitchen renovation financing available.