- Single basin: cabinet 24″ wide
- Double basin: cabinet 36″ wide (minimum)
On each side: between 18″ and 36″ of countertop landing area
The best kitchen plans start with accurate measurements. Proper measurements and space planning help provide ease in the ordering, installation, and functionality of your ready to assemble kitchen cabinets.
To help save you some time and confusion, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to measure for your kitchen cabinets. It walks through instructions from start to end and tips to help you along the way.
1. Start measuring from the corner shown in the drawing.
2. Measure total length of all walls corner to corner.
3. Indicate the location and sizes of the doors and windows. Include individual corner to
window/door sill dimensions.
4. Indicate door swings and location of the electrical plugs and the centerline of sink. Include
waterline and floor drain locaton.
5. Confirm the room height and location of drop ceiling and bulkheads.
6. Indicate appliance locations and sizes on the chart below.