The best kitchen plans start with accurate measurements. Proper measurements and space planning help provide ease in the ordering, installation, and functionality of your ready to assemble kitchen cabinets.
To help save you some time and confusion, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to measure for your kitchen cabinets. It walks through instructions from start to end and tips to help you along the way.
1. Start measuring from the corner shown in the drawing.
2. Measure the total length of all walls corner to corner.
3. Indicate the location and sizes of the doors and windows. Include individual corner to window/door sill dimensions.
4. Indicate door swings and the location of the electrical plugs and the centerline of the sink. Include waterline and floor drain location.
5. Confirm the room height and location of the drop ceiling and bulkheads.
6. Indicate appliance locations and sizes on the chart below.
- Width: 30″ to 36″
- Height: 70″ to 72″
- Depth: 24″ to 30″
- Sides and back: 2″
- Front: 36″ to 42″
- Opening side: 15″ of the countertop landing area
- Width: 30″ to 36″
- Space between bottom cabinets: 31″
- Space between countertop: 30 ½”
Above the cooking surface
- Electric range: 30″
- Gas range: 36″
- Each side: between 15″ and 36″ of the countertop landing area
- Width: 33″
- Each side and behind: 2″
- In front: 36″ to 42″
SAMPLE FLOOR PLAN
The best A to Z kitchen renovation turnkey services in the Greater Montreal Area.
KSI Cuisine Solutions
SHARE KSI CUISINE SOLUTIONS WITH FRIENDS
KSI CUISINE SOLUTIONS aims at providing you with a better quality of life at an affordable cost. Our stylish and durable Classic Kitchen Cabinets, European Frameless Kitchen Cabinets, and Countertop are Made in Quebec. Four showrooms in Montreal [ KSI SAINT-LAURENT | KSI BROSSARD | KSI LAVAL | KSI VAUDREUIL-DORION]. KSI offers Kitchen Renovation Turnkey Services in Montreal. Free custom Mindful Design and estimation. KSI has an expert installation team. Kitchen renovation financing available.